BIZIT M&A has received certification from the TRUSTe Privacy Program.
TRUSTe is an independent corporation in the US and its purposes are to enhance the confidence of internet users by spreading principles regarding the use, disclosure and provision of personal information and prior consent pertaining to these principals.
By receiving TRUSTe certification and displaying the TRUSTe logo, BIZIT agrees to undergo inspections by TRUSTe regarding the public disclosure of its processing methods of personal information and its policies and practices regarding that processing.
■Obtaining Personal Information
- In the case of accessing BIZIT’s website or services
BIZIT’s website automatically obtains and records information on the access histories (access logs) and usage environment (including operating systems and the types of browsers) and the like of customers by using customers’ IP addresses, cookies, and web beacons, etc.
Please note that access histories (access logs) include information on domain names, IP addresses, the types of browsers or operation systems, access date and time, browsed pages, and the like of customers who accessed the website. Also, if customers register for a service of BIZIT, BIZIT may link information which can identify that specific individual designated in (2) below (such as names, addresses, telephone numbers, and email addresses) with their access history.
- In the case of registering with BIZIT’s services
When customers register with a service of BIZIT, they must register their name, email address, the name of the company the customer belongs to, and identification number (BIZIT ID). When using BIZIT’s services, BIZIT may request customers to provide additional personal information (such as the name of department the customer belongs to or its title, or their driver’s license, passport, business card, employee ID card or insurance card).
- In the case of using BIZIT’s services
If customers pay a service fee to BIZIT when using BIZIT’s services, BIZIT collects personal information such as their name, address, telephone numbers, bank account information, and the like. If the customer is a corporation, BIZIT collects the name, address, telephone number and bank account information of that corporation.
BIZIT may obtain personal information in connection with other services or websites (if necessary, under applicable laws and ordinances, BIZIT will obtain such personal information after separately notifying the customer).
Please note that BIZIT does not obtain any sensitive customer information such as information concerning customer health, genetic information, sexual orientation, and the like when providing its services.
■Purpose of Use
BIZIT shall only use personal information it obtains from customers through its services for the following purposes of use:
- to provide BIZIT’s services (including “BIZIT M&A” and “BIZIT M&A Referral Program”; the same applies hereinafter);
- to determine whether or not the relevant person agrees to the registration for BIZIT’s services;
- to confirm or inform any information necessary for conducting the matters stated in items (1) and (2) above;
- to deliver information concerning BIZIT’s services (such as newsletters, promotional information, event information, and questionnaires), and advertising and other such information sponsored by a business entity other than BIZIT by email, email newsletter, postal mail, or the like;
- to report the results, etc. of questionnaires to the customers who participated in such questionnaires by email, email newsletter, postal mail or the like;
- to notify customers of information posted on “BIZIT M&A”;
- to refund or otherwise process the service fees pursuant to invoices for payment, or delay of payment or overpayment, etc. of the service fees by customers;
- to prepare statistical data concerning the use of BIZIT’s services;
- to analyze customer trends based on customer access histories (access logs), to enhance and improve BIZIT’s services and business activities, and to research and analyze the development, advertisement, and the like of new products and new services corresponding to customer preferences and tastes;
- to confirm the identity of a customer which shall be necessary for responding to the request of the customer for BIZIT to disclose, etc. his or her personal information;
- to train operators for customer support;
- to communicate or otherwise respond in case of a disaster or other emergency;
- to display information registered by customers with BIZIT on data-entry screens in order to assist the customer in inputting data easily, or to forward such information to other services, etc. (including the services provided by BIZIT’s business partners) per the instructions of the customer;
- to refuse the use of BIZIT’s services to any customer who (i) violated their agreement with BIZIT (including the Terms of Service) by causing damage to third parties and the like, or (ii) intends to use BIZIT’s services for any unlawful or unjustifiable purpose, or to enforce liability of such customer;
- to conduct maintenance, security measures, and the like for BIZIT’s services;
- to deliver catalogs, proposal materials, and the like regarding BIZIT’s services to customers;
- to improve and develop the services that BIZIT provides;
- to notify customers on the latest information and various seminars, exhibitions, and the like of BIZIT;
- to respond to customers’ comments and requests;
- to request customers to complete questionnaires such as customer satisfaction surveys and the like;
- to implement various promotions;
- to manage the contractual relationship with customers;
- to process disputes, lawsuits, and the like as necessary and to comply with BIZIT’s legal obligations; and
- for any other use necessary to accomplish the purposes of use to which the customers agreed and to which BIZIT individually notified them of when the customers provided their personal information.
If it becomes necessary to use personal information for any purpose other than the above, BIZIT shall take procedures necessary under applicable laws and ordinances.
■Legal Basis for Processing
BIZIT will process the personal information of customers in accordance with applicable personal information protection regulations.
Since the personal information the customers provide is necessary for BIZIT to provide its services, customers who do not provide their personal information may be unable to use BIZIT’s services, or may experience other detriments such as a portion of the functions of BIZIT systems working incorrectly.
■Retention Period of Personal Information
BIZIT retains the personal information of customers for the period necessary in order to satisfy the purposes of use of that personal information or for the period necessary to perform its obligations under applicable laws and ordinances, etc. However, BIZIT will promptly delete the information when the information does not need to be retained.
■Acquisition Source of Personal Information
BIZIT acquires the personal information of customers directly from the customer. However, BIZIT may indirectly obtain information regarding customer transaction histories, the types of BIZIT products or services or the like which the customer engages in transactions with, or any other such related transaction information from Houlihan Lokey Inc. or its subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as the “Houlihan Lokey Group Companies”), and BIZIT may indirectly obtain from business partners and business contractors of the customer corporate information from the company that customer belongs to.
■Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
BIZIT shall not provide or disclose the personal information it collects to any third party unless the personal information falls under any of the following cases. For joint utilization by BIZIT’s group companies, please refer to “Joint Utilization of Personal Information”.
- if the provision or disclosure is pursuant to the demand of a public agency (or government authority, regulatory authority, etc.), warrant, order of the court, investigation by the government, or other legal procedures, or required by laws;
- if the provision or disclosure is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of BIZIT or a third person, but is difficult to obtain the consent thereof from the customer;
- if the provisions or disclosure of the personal information in accordance with a sale, merger, acquisition, or any other such transfer of all or part of any other such asset (including as part of bankruptcy procedures);
- if BIZIT has the consent of the customer for such provision or disclosure; and
- if such provision or disclosure is otherwise prescribed by applicable laws and ordinances.
The third parties BIZIT provides the personal information of customers to are as follows. If its necessary to provide the personal information of customers to a third party other than the following, BIZIT will take the legally required measures.
- Business subcontractors
Please note that BIZIT may retain a subcontractor to implement part of its services and may engage such subcontractor to the extent necessary to process the personal information. In such case, BIZIT will conduct the appropriate supervision of the contractor in accordance with applicable laws and ordinances and the standards prescribed by BIZIT.
BIZIT may share customer information which is unidentifiable or statistical information without limitation.
■Jointly Utilizing of Personal Information
BIZIT may jointly utilize the personal information prescribed in item (1) of this section with its group companies prescribed in item (2) of this section only for the purposes prescribed in item (3) of this section.
- The categories of personal information which may be jointly utilized with BIZIT’s group companies:
(i) name, address, nationality, date of birth, telephone number, e-mail address, information of the company which the relevant person belongs to, department name, title, information regarding transaction needs (public information and other related personal information) ;
(ii) transaction histories, the types of products or services, etc. of BIZIT which the relevant person engages in transactions with, and other related transaction information;
(iii) information necessary for managing transactions or usage such as control numbers including customer numbers, etc.; and
(iv) information such as access histories (access logs) or service environments (including types of operating systems and browsers) when a customer accesses or uses BIZIT’s website.
- The scope of a jointly utilizing person:
Houlihan Lokey Inc. or its subsidiaries (hereinafter referred to as “Houlihan Lokey Group Companies”) provided that BIZIT may amend the scope of a jointly utilizing person at any time.
- The purposes of joint utilization:
(i) to operate services which Houlihan Lokey Group Companies provide when the customer uses the services as a member of them;
(ii) to execute transactions with Houlihan Lokey Group Companies;
(iii) to advertise or market Houlihan Lokey Group Companies ;
(iv) to respond to inquiries;
(v) to recruit or employ; and
(vi) to perform other services related or incidental to the services stated above.
- The name of person who is responsible for the management of personal information:
For the address and name and the like of the appropriate representative, please refer to the Company Overview page here: https://biz-it.co/
■Transfer of Personal Information out of Japan
As a result of sharing and disclosures referred to above, the personal information of customers and the like may be transferred to countries or areas where there are no laws and ordinances, etc. regarding the protection of personal information equivalent to those of the countries or areas in which customers live or are located. When transferring the personal information of customers out of Japan, BIZIT will take the appropriate measures in accordance with contents required by the applicable laws and ordinances.
BIZIT respects the rights customers hold under the personal information protection regulations applicable to them. Customers may demand the disclosure of, correction or addition to or deletion in the content of, stoppage or elimination of usage of, or stoppage of third-party provision of their personal information pursuant to the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan. In addition to these rights, other rights may be granted to customers under the applicable personal information protection regulations of each country.
For example, in accordance with the applicable personal information protection regulations of each country, customers may be granted the following rights, and if the conditions prescribed by such personal information protection regulations are satisfied, BIZIT will comply with the exercising of such rights.
- Customer access to their personal information:
The right of a customer to obtain confirmation from BIZIT on whether personal information regarding the customer is processed, and if it is processed, the right to access their personal information and specific related information.
- Correction of the personal information of a customer:
The right of a customer to modify incorrect personal information regarding themself without unreasonable delay and the right to complete personal information that is incomplete.
- Deletion of the personal information of a customer:
The right of a customer to delete personal information related to themself without unreasonable delay.
- Restriction on the processing of the personal information of a customer:
The right of a customer to restrict the processing of their personal information.
- Filing an objection against the processing of personal information:
The right of a customer to file an objection against the processing of personal information regarding themself which affects their rights.
-Withdrawal of consent:
The right of a customer to withdraw their consent when BIZIT relies on the consent of the customer in order to process the personal information of the customer.
- Data portability:
The right of a customer to receive their personal information in a structured and generally machine-readable form, and the right to transfer the data thereof to other managers without interference from BIZIT.
These rights may be restricted when they infringe on the rights of a third party (including BIZIT’s rights). For example, there are cases where the personal information of another person is made known by satisfying the demand of a customer, or where a customer demands the deletion of information which BIZIT is obligated by law to retain or BIZIT must retain due to a legitimate interest. Related exemptions of application are included in the GDPR and in the data protection laws of each country. BIZIT will notify customers of related exempted matters which BIZIT relies on when responding to inquiries therefrom.
Further, customers may directly file a complaint with the relevant supervisory agency in connection with the processing of the personal information of the customer by BIZIT.
On BIZIT’s website, cookies*, web beacons, and other similar technologies may be used in some contents in order for BIZIT to provide better services to customers when they revisit its website.
* Cookie is a mechanism for storing server information on the computer of a customer who accesses a website. By recording the last day and time the customer visited the website, the number of times the customer visited, the information the customer temporarily entered, and the like, a customer may easily use the website functions they customer selected the last time they visited the website.
If a breach of personal information that is likely to result in a high risk to the rights and freedoms of customer occurs, BIZIT will immediately inform the administrative authority that has jurisdiction over the protection of personal information.
■BIZIT’s Policies regarding Minors
Pacific Century Place Marunouchi 30F, Marunouchi 1-11-1, Chiyoda, Tokyo
For the name and the like of the appropriate representative, please refer to Company Overview page here: https://biz-it.co/
If you are unsatisfied with BIZIT’s response to your inquiry, please contact TRUSTe here: (https://www.truste.or.jp/hssl/watchdog/). In this case,TRUSTe will conduct procedures to help to resolve your inquiry.
(Last updated on: 22 February 2022)